What to Bring
• Walking aids – if you use these normally or still have some from previous surgery with us
• Slippers, trainers or sturdy lace up or Velcro-fastening shoes - no open-backed footwear
• Loose-fitting nightwear and dressing gown
• Loose-fitting day clothes
• Personal toiletries, towels, razor
• Sanitary / incontinence pads if needed
• ‘Helping Hand’ (long arm grabber) - if you have one
• All current medications (including eye drops, lotions and gels) in the labelled boxes they were dispensed in - no dosette boxes
• Glasses, hearing aids, contact lenses, dentures
• Mobile phone – to keep friends and relatives up to date with your progress (please be considerate with use – ideally keep on silent mode)
• Fruit juice, ready to eat prunes, apricots etc.
• Coat and house keys.
• Foot drop and or hand splints if used normally.
• Money in small amounts - for phone / TV service, shop and newspapers